Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Come Back Soon(er)


Today all this legal stuff is just taking too long! 

I’m feeling impatient. I want to rush things but it’s out of my control. (And to fair, we are still just in the overly detailed dragged-out beginning phase – so this is totally a heart issue – keeping it real).

It’s been four and a half months since we hugged them good-bye. (Seem longer). We didn’t know what to do with ourselves. God distracted us with a problem with the van (less serious than the current van problem).

I dreamed again last night that we were where they are and I could hug them, touch their faces, tell them that I love them and that we really are trying hard to get there and bring them home.

Oh, to bring them home!

Got up and did my morning routine. Bathroom, coffee, devotions (about parenting), emails, Facebook (hit the brakes) - right near the top of my feed someone had shared a beautiful older child adoption story (linked here). Now I’m a teary-eyed mess.

Reminded again that God is in control. We may not understand His plan. We may get impatient with His timing and provision. But it is ALWAYS PERFECT.

He loves them.

We just trust and press forward with the next task at hand. All for His glory.

They’ll be here soon.    

"This God—His way is perfect; 
    the word of the Lord proves true;
    He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him."


PS - It's so much the little things that impress me and keep me amused. Pretty rocks, little flowers, baby toes....wanna boost my ego a little? Subscribe to this blog - we "installed" a gadget for that near the top of the sidebar. Or just comment occasionally. Tell us your praying, give us some wise word, or tell us we're crazy... all are acceptable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment