Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Pretty Shirts!


Our shirts are awesome!

They came in the mail earlier this week from Bonfire and we had the opportunity to wear them to meet up with another couple from church who poured into us and encouraged us in our walk with God and our parenting.

The question was asked, “With all that’s going on in your life and home and family, is now really a good time to adopt and bring more children?”

The honest answer is, “No.”

It will never be a good time to adopt. There will always be life issues to deal with. There will never be enough money. There will always be doubts.

I’ve always giggled when I hear young couples say that they are waiting till they are ready (whatever their version of “ready” means) to have a baby. At that rate, they will NEVER be ready.

You can’t expect the unexpected.

But you can know the God of the impossible.

One of my "yes" verses.
We had a small group of prayer warriors fighting with us before we announced to the world our intention to adopt these big babies. We were warned several times, verbally and through things we read, that Satan hates families. He will be looking for every way possible to attack. If we didn’t see evidence of spiritual warfare before we will now. And we have repeatedly seen evidence in that he’s trying to “get to us.” Through our finances, through medical issues (minor), through attitudes, through doubts…. But God (my favorite words!)

But God has been bigger. Bigger than our doubts. Bigger than our finances. Bigger than these misbehaviors and childish and teenish and tired adultish attitudes. He proves Himself over and over.
He continues to move this along.

You know what the biggest hindrance is?

Me.

I forget. I overlook. I say to much or to little. (and that’s just this week)

But God is long-suffering (LLLOOONNNNGGGGGG-suffering!) towards me. This is a thing He is doing despite my imperfections. 

Maybe because of my imperfections. (I can be pretty impossible).
Cause it’s not about me.

It’s about Him.















A picture share on facebook by a certain place
that happens to have some certain beautiful children in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment